Question: Regarding online applications for conferences and events. What are the key aspects you believe has gotten you selected as a presenter or speaker at conferences and events based on applications you’ve submitted?
Online Applications …. Call for Presenters and Submitting Proposals…. UGH!
This is one of the biggest time-consuming activities speakers need to do….
and no TWO on-line submission forms are ever the same…
and often do NOT have the blocks requesting information that NEEDS to be submitted.
7 Key Elements to Successful Online “Call for Presenter” Applications:
1) Give them exactly what they WANT/REQUEST, then (if character count allows) add your additional marketing text.
2) It’s vital to include answers to their “WIIFM?” and the “takeaways” from your presentation.
3) Always provide LINKS to your sites (whether they ask for them or not).
4) Always provide LINKS to your VIDEOS (whether they ask for them or not).
5) If known, tailor (or tweak) your presentation title (or subtitle) to their theme.
6) Use numbers or bullet points of the BENEFITS in your text.
7) Use positive language (assumptive close) as IF you already have booking.
Craft your text in a Word.doc, checking spelling, punctuation and character count, THEN cut-and-paste into the online boxes. KEEP your word.doc in that Event file.
Sheryl Roush, CEO, Sparkle Presentations, Inc.